After having Blake, 20 pounds dropped off quickly after about 2 weeks (I had pre-eclampsia), and that is when the real struggle began. I started out with HCG in late February. I lost 13 lbs in 10 days. But I was miserable. After being pregnant and on bed rest, the last thing I wanted to do was sit around and eat crappy food, not work out, and not socialize. So I quit the HCG cold turkey and surprisingly only gained back 3 lbs. This put me at 197.
From there I decided to do it the old fashioned way. Exercise and a good diet. At the end of March I signed for up a program called Venice Nutrition. It is similar to weight watchers, but instead of points it focuses on combining the right amount of carbs, proteins and fats to stabilize blood sugar and optimize metabolizing. I think I may have lost about 7 lbs initially from this life styles change, but the results were not reflective of my hard work. I was in the gym 5-6 days a week, eating perfectly, and not losing a thing. From April through June I lost nothing...
The month of June was my screw it month. All the hard work in the world wasn't doing anything. So I went back to being lazy and eating basically what I wanted. I was weighing in at about 190 at this point. And believe it or not, my new lifestyle didn't change a thing. I didn't gain, and didn't lose.
My next step was either surgery or phentermine. I went with the phentermine. I started it on July 6th with an initial weight in of 190. Around the middle of August, even though I was happy with my results, I knew it wasn't going to be enough. I've lived with love handles and not so stellar thighs my whole life. Even though I'd been in pretty good shape prior to having Blake. So while I knew I could lose the weight. I decided I wanted to change my whole shape. So surgery it was.
I did a lot of research before choosing Dr. Steven Miller. And on August 17th, we decided that the best choice for me was lipo of the inner and outer thighs, waist, hips, and a tummy tuck. However with our upcoming wedding, the tummy tuck was going to have to wait. The healing process was too risky with the wedding/honeymoon being this year.
At this point I had quit taking the phentermine in order to prepare for my upcoming surgery. I lost a total of 20 lbs on it from July 6th-August 17th.
Going into surgery on August 31st I was weighing in around 170 (although the actual day I was about 2 lbs higher from my "last supper" I indulged in on the 30th!)
And this brings us to today. 1 day post op.
Wow,there is a big diff. already. How AWESOME.
ReplyDelete